Thanks to your generosity, the Knights collected over 4,600 pounds of food and over $2,200 dollars during the Spring Food Drive. The hard work of the many Knights and non-Knights involved and the charitable contributions of the parishioners is greatly appreciated. St. John’s Soup Kitchen and the Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry provide welcome relief to members of our community.
Our Council’s very own Ed Kuta will be jumping into the icy cold Potomac River in Dumfries next month in the Polar Plunge fundraiser on behalf of Special Olympics.
Please read the following message and log on to his website at the link below and support his efforts in this worthy cause.
Message from Ed:
Your support is BOLD if you help me go for GOLD! This February, I’m getting fashionably frozen at the Tim’s Rivershore Polar Plunge Fest. Please help me raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics Virginia by making a secure online donation. Click on the link:
For more information on how YOU can participate and earn a penguin-worthy Tim’s Rivershore Polar Plunge Fest bow tie, please visit www.polarplunge.com/southwestva
Thanks for your support!
NOTE: TICKET SALES ARE NO LONGER AVAILABLE, BUT FEEL FREE TO DONATE TO VOCATIONS BY CLICKING ON THE LINK BELOW:
The Knights of Columbus John Carrell Jenkins Council #7771 in Front Royal invites you to be our guest at our annual “Vocations Fundraising Dinner,” being held this year in the St. Lawrence Commons of the Christendom College campus at 6pm on Saturday, January 3, 2015.
The evening will consist of a social hour, dinner, brief remarks by the seminarians and young women in attendance, a guest speaker talk, and evening prayers.
Tickets cost $35 a person. Please purchase your ticket here on our website by clicking the links at the bottom of this page or by mailing a check to our council to:
Knights of Columbus John Carrell Jenkins Council # 7771
P.O. Box 375
Front Royal VA 22630.
The purpose of the dinner is to:
1) celebrate the “home grown” young men and women from our parish studying for the priesthood and religious life;
2) recognize Christendom College, a world-class Catholic college located in our parish, for the outstanding work it does fostering vocations;
3) increase awareness within the St. John the Baptist Church community of the importance of vocations; and
4) to raise funds to help meet the needs of those preparing for religious life, both the young men and women from our parish family as well as seminarians in the Diocese of Arlington who may one day serve our parish. (This will allow the Council to establish a committee that can award grants to other seminarians with pressing needs.)
We define a “home grown” vocation one of three ways:
1) The young man or woman in formation grew up in the parish;
2) the family of the young man or woman moved to Front Royal after their son or daughter entered the seminary/convent; or
3) the young man or woman attended Christendom College and then remained in the Front Royal community after graduation before entering the seminary/convent.
The six young men who meet this criteria are Brian Accettullo, John Paul Heisler, John Killackey, John McFadden, Peter McShurley, and Noah Morey; the five young women are Christina Heisler, Lorraine Podlinsek, Kathleen Gilbert, Mary Rose Hibl, and Brittany Scheidler.
Please pass information about this event onto your family members and friends.
The Knights are excited about making the dinner a truly enjoyable dinner for the parish, Christendom College, and our seminarians and young women in formation. Please contact me if you have any questions by using our web contact form.
Chairman, Vocations Fundraising Dinner Committee Knights of Columbus John Carrell Jenkins Council #7771
Order custom made Christmas cards that were designed by children from St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Front Royal, Virginia.
All cards are proudly printed and made in the USA.
The 2014 Fall Food Drive results are in.
- Nearly 4,000 lbs of food collected and already distributed to the St. John the Baptist Soup Kitchen and Loaves & Fishes Food Pantry
- $1,400 of cash and check donations were received; distribution will occur after the recommended share is approved at November Business meeting
Get ready for our rosary procession to be held on October 4th, 2014.
Award presented at the Knights monthly meeting to Philip Sayre, the “Squire of the Body of Christ” award.
Greeting Alex Wilson and the Crossroads’ Pro-Life Walk Across America team as they enter Front Royal, VA on August 12, 2014
Welcome to Knights of Columbus Council # 7771’s new website!